Advance in Your Criminal Justice Career
Take the next step toward serving your community with a criminal justice degree online from Concordia University, St. Paul. Students in CSP’s criminal justice degrees online come from diverse backgrounds in law enforcement, military, social services, and corrections. Designed for working professionals, you can direct your online criminal justice degree program toward your ideal career while building an understanding of criminal justice systems, learning to make ethical decisions in complex situations, and preparing for leadership positions in the field.
In the criminal justice bachelor’s degree, you’ll study the history of the criminal justice system and current trends that influence this growing career field. You can choose between Minnesota POST licensure and non-POST licensure tracks depending on your career goals. In the self-directed criminal justice master’s degree, you’ll apply advanced criminal justice concepts to your current or future career path. You will also prepare to strategically manage a criminal justice agency.
Criminal justice degrees from CSP are built for your success, featuring multiple start dates per year, affordable tuition rates, 7-week accelerated courses, and generous transfer credit policies.
Recognition for CSP’s Online Criminal Justice Degrees
- Ranked #16 in Best Colleges in Minnesota by Salary Potential, according to the College Salary Report by PayScale.
- Earn 44% more than the national average as a CSP graduate, according to collegescorecard.ed.gov.
- 95% of CSP grads receive job offers within one year of graduation, according to the First Destinations survey administered by CSP.
Request More Information
By filling out the form, you’ll:
- Gain access to a dedicated enrollment counselor who is ready to answer all of your questions.
- Take one more step towards achieving your career goals.
Fill out the form to receive more information!
Online Criminal Justice Degrees
Explore your individual criminal justice interests and prepare for career advancement in one of Concordia University, St. Paul’s online criminal justice degrees.
Career Outlook: Apply Your Specialized Criminal Justice Experience
With your criminal justice degree online from CSP, you could serve your community as a police officer (median annual wage of $65,170¹), correctional officer, bailiff, or peace officer. You might also work as a detective or investigator (median annual wage of $83,170¹), criminal sociologist (median annual wage of $83,420²), or pursue a criminal justice management or administrative position.
Frequently Asked Questions
Find answers to common questions:
Yes, you can transfer up to 90 credit hours from a regionally accredited institution toward this degree program. Our Transfer Specialists will guide you through the process.
The M.A. in Criminal Justice Leadership has 9 courses.
This program has been approved by the Minnesota Board of Peace Officer Standards and Training (POST) academic licensure requirements, and continuing education (CE) credits toward annual licensure requirements.
Applicants must be a practitioner in a field related to criminal justice through work and should demonstrate this involvement on their resume. To apply, you must complete the online application, submit official transcripts, and write a brief personal essay. See the Admissions Requirements page for more information.
The M.A. in Criminal Justice Leadership will have three start dates throughout the year, in January, May, and September.
The B.A. in Criminal Justice includes 44 credit hours plus general education requirements.
- Police and Detectives. U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. 10 April 2020. https://www.bls.gov/ooh/protective-service/police-and-detectives.htm. Retrieved 20 May 2020.
- Sociologists. U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. 10 April 2020. https://www.bls.gov/ooh/life-physical-and-social-science/sociologists.htm. Retrieved 20 May 2020.