A top-rated degree that gives you the building blocks to become an early childhood educator
Best Online Bachelor’s1
Meets NAEYC Standards
Learn More Today
Complete the form to learn more about this program.
- Duration 4 years
- Cost per Credit $420
- Credit Hours 120
Top-ranked program built for the busy professional
Through a flexible, online format, you will learn to care for infants, toddlers and preschool-age children with a focus on ethics, play, language and growth. Complete focused coursework that’s CAEP-accredited and meets the standards of the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC). Graduate ready to enter child development degree jobs with the ability to develop curricula that fosters development and creates engaging childhood experiences.
Although your coursework is completed online, you’ll get the hands-on, experiential learning through completing fieldwork in a licensed child care facility or early childhood learning center. Learn from experts in the field and receive support with transferring college credits and applying for many available scholarships.
The B.A. in Child Development provides a liberal arts perspective through the General Education core, plus 42 credit hours in the child development degree program. You’ll examine concepts in growth, development, literacy acquisition, ethics, and the education of children with special needs, and required field experience will reinforce what you’ve learned while building your leadership skills.Curriculum
- Articulate the theories in the field of early education that support best practices.
- Define developmentally appropriate practices.
- Articulate the role of families as the primary teachers, caregivers, and models in the lives of young children.
- Create inclusive and effective learning environments for young children.
- Develop a framework for making ethical decisions as an early childhood professional.
To apply for the B.A. in Child Development from Concordia University, St. Paul, you’ll need:
- Completed online application
- Submit official transcripts from your previous regionally accredited institution(s) with a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 based on a 4.0 system.
- If you have attended a MNSCU college or university we also ask that you provide an official accompanying DARS or MnTC goal area worksheet. Concordia accepts completed goal areas.
- Transfer students with fewer than 20 college credits completed will also need to submit an official high school transcript and essay.
- Additional Requirements
- Access to a computer that meets Concordia’s technology requirements.
- Students who do not meet initial admissions criteria may be asked to complete the academic success essay and/or provide additional documentation.
The online bachelor’s degree in child development from CSP costs $420 per credit hour. You can transfer a maximum 90 credit hours to get your total tuition down to $12,600. Convenient payment options and $2,000 partnership scholarships are also available to make your education even more affordable.
You’ll have support from expert faculty members at CSP, who will be there to answer your questions and guide you throughout your online child development degree program. It’s yet another way that the online format mimics the experience of studying at campus.
Online programs from Concordia University, St. Paul are designed for your busy lifestyle. You can study at your convenience while taking advantage of synchronous or asynchronous coursework. With our flexible online framework, you’ll get to know your peers and faculty while engaging in unique assignments and activities. Explore the various ways that you will receive support through every stage of the online learning experience, and discover tips about how to maximize your resources.Online Experience
In addition to financing your online education with federal student aid and private loans, CSP offers online students a tuition discount (this limits eligibility for institutional scholarships). Transfer students could receive $2,000 or more through transfer partnerships and transfer student awards. CSP is also a Military Friendly® institution. An enrollment counselor and tuition planner will help you apply for financial aid.Tuition & Aid
Frequently Asked Questions
Are you interested in one of Concordia’s online programs? Get answers to the most frequently asked questions about time to completion, accreditation, tuition and fees, admissions, and more. If applicable, you can also learn more about licensure, concentrations, or specializations offered in the program. Get more information about any online program or contact an enrollment counselor at (855) 641-2525 with further questions.
Without transfer credits, completing 120 credit hours at $420 per credit hour totals $50,400. However, with the maximum amount of transfer credits (90), your total tuition could be as low as $12,600 before scholarships and financial aid.
No, this is not a licensure program, so it cannot be used to teach any K-12 tracks.
Transfer credits must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 based on a 4.0 system.
While there is no programmatic accreditation, courses in the B.A. in Child Development address the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) standards for initial professional preparation.
In short, you must complete the online application, submit official transcripts, and write a brief personal essay. See the Admissions Requirements page for more information.
- Ranked 13th among 2021’s Best Online Bachelor’s Degrees for ROI by OnlineU.
- U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics Occupational Outlook Handbook.