Become a Leader in Early Childhood Education
- The highest 10% of preschool and childcare center directors earn more than $82,590/year.1
- The highest 10% of preschool teachers earn more than $55,050/year.2
Obtain a degree that can help you obtain high-level roles in early childhood education. You can pursue lead teacher and director roles in preschools and childcare centers, as well as own your own business.
Preschool or Childcare Center Director
Lead a childcare facility and the staff to support young children. You’ll oversee policies and educational programs and be responsible for budgets, facility maintenance, and more.
Teach language, motor, and social skills to young children. In this role, you’ll educate and care for children who have not yet entered kindergarten.
Other positions you could qualify for with your child development degree:
- Child life specialist
- Early childhood education consultant
- In-home childcare provider
- Parent educator
- Teacher assistant
Request More Information
By filling out the form, you’ll:
- Gain access to a dedicated enrollment counselor who is ready to answer all of your questions.
- Take one more step towards achieving your career goals.
Fill out the form to receive more information!
Program Outcomes: Advocate for Young Children
In the online bachelor’s in child development program, you’ll:
- Articulate the theories in the field of early education that support best practices.
- Define developmentally appropriate practices.
- Articulate the role of families as the primary teachers, caregivers, and models in the lives of young children.
- Create inclusive and effective learning environments for young children.
- Develop a framework for making ethical decisions as an early childhood professional.
Support Beyond Your Graduation Date
In addition to the high-quality education you’ll receive at CSP, you’ll benefit from a wide range of support during your time as a student that will extend throughout your professional journey as an alumnus. That’s part of how 95% of CSP graduates receive job offers within one year of graduation.
Job & Internship Board
Handshake is CSP’s job and internship board and it offers more than 20,000 opportunities to students and alumni. You’ll have an online login to easily stay on top of ways to enhance your career.
Personalized Career Development
Need help with resumes and cover letters, networking, social media, and job searching? From mock interviews to 1:1 phone appointments with a career advisor, you’ll receive the expert assistance you need to achieve your goals.
More than 600 students and alumni attended various job fairs throughout the year. Get in front of top employers that are eager to connect with CSP’s current and former students.
Even More Forms of Support
The Office of Career Development staff is dedicated to supporting students and alumni on their path to find meaningful work. Including expert services from the office to partnerships with faculty and more, you’ll have several ways to get help and boost your career.