Focus on how families function in a diverse world
Earn CFLE Credential
Gain Valuable Experience
Learn More Today
Complete the form to learn more about this program.
- Duration 4 years
- Cost per Credit $420
- Credit Hours 120
- Now accepting applications – no app fee
- A focus on diverse family relationships, growth and development
- Flexible, online format for coursework
- Free transfer credit evaluation – you may transfer up to 90 credits
- Multiple scholarship options available
- Career advice to help you with your job search
A nationally approved, affordable program to certify as a Family Life Educator
CSP’s Bachelor of Arts in Family Science gives you the option of certified or non-certified tracks to align with your career goals. With NCFR-accredited curriculum that focuses on families’ growth and development, family law and family systems, you’ll have all you need to make a positive impact within communities.
Your online experience includes instruction by a nationally recognized expert in Family Science who will share his diverse background. You’ll complete your learning with an in-depth internship to gain the hands-on experience you’ll need.
At CSP we can help you transfer up to 90 credits earned from other institutions and help you explore multiple scholarship options.
The online family studies degree provides a liberal arts perspective through the General Education core, plus 43 credit hours in the major. You’ll study concepts in contemporary families, family relationships, family decision-making, intimate relationships, growth and development, and more.Curriculum
- Facilitate healthy family interactions and foster positive communication.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the psychological, social, and spiritual aspects of healthy relationships.
- Effectively apply family life education theories and principles to plan, implement, and evaluate programs for individuals and families.
95% of CSP graduates receive job offers within one year of graduation, according to the First Destinations survey administered by Concordia University, St. Paul.
CSP graduates earn 44% more than the national average, according to the graduate earning data source at https://collegescorecard.ed.gov/.View More Graduate Outcomes
To apply for the B.A. in Family Science from Concordia University, St. Paul, you’ll need:
- Completed online application
- Submit official transcripts from your previous regionally accredited institution(s) with a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 based on a 4.0 system.
- If you have attended a MNSCU college or university we also ask that you provide an official accompanying DARS or MnTC goal area worksheet. Concordia accepts completed goal areas.
- Transfer students with fewer than 20 college credits completed will also need to submit an official high school transcript and essay.
- Additional Requirements
- Access to a computer that meets Concordia’s technology requirements.
- Students who do not meet initial admissions criteria may be asked to complete the academic success essay and/or provide additional documentation.
The family science degree from CSP costs $420 per credit hour. You can transfer a maximum of 90 credit hours to get your total tuition down to $12,600. Convenient payment options and $2,000 partnership scholarships are also available to make your education even more affordable.
You’ll have support from expert faculty members at CSP, who will be there to answer your questions and guide you throughout your family science degree program. It’s yet another way that the online format mimics the experience of studying on campus.
Online programs from Concordia University, St. Paul are designed for your busy lifestyle. You can study at your convenience while taking advantage of synchronous or asynchronous coursework. With our flexible online framework, you’ll get to know your peers and faculty while engaging in unique assignments and activities. Explore the various ways that you will receive support through every stage of the online learning experience, and discover tips about how to maximize your resources.Online Experience
In addition to financing your online education with federal student aid and private loans, CSP offers online students a tuition discount (this limits eligibility for institutional scholarships). Transfer students could receive $2,000 or more through transfer partnerships and transfer student awards. CSP is also a Military Friendly® institution. An enrollment counselor and tuition planner will help you apply for financial aid.Tuition & Aid
Frequently Asked Questions
Are you interested in one of Concordia’s online programs? Get answers to the most frequently asked questions about time to completion, accreditation, tuition and fees, admissions, and more. If applicable, you can also learn more about licensure, concentrations, or specializations offered in the program. Get more information about any online program or contact an enrollment counselor at (855) 641-2525 with further questions.
Concordia’s online B.A. in Family Science degree program is approved by the National Council on Family Relations (NCFR).
This program is offered fully online from Concordia University, St. Paul.
Without transfer credits, completing 120 credit hours at $420 per credit hour totals $50,400. However, with the maximum amount of transfer credits (90), your total tuition could be as low as $12,600 before scholarships and financial aid.
Transfer credits must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 based on a 4.0 system.
The B.A. in Family Science will have six start dates throughout the year, in January, March, May, July, September, and October.
Students must choose between a certified or non-certified track before the third course in the family science degree program. Upon successful completion of the program, CFLE Track students will be provisionally certified as Family Life Educators. Non-CFLE students are eligible to sit for the national exam to gain provisional certification. Provisional certification is available to applicants who have completed the program but who have not yet earned enough work experience hours in Family Life Education to qualify for full-certification status (3200 hours).