Become a Leader and Advocate for Families
- Employment in community and social service occupations is projected to increase 12% by 2029.1
- Earnings for community and social service occupations is $46,090/year.
A family science degree opens up several possibilities for your career. You’ll immediately be able to support families within social and human services, education, and policy, among other areas. And with certification or additional education, you can explore opportunities in counseling psychology, marriage and family therapy, social work, education administration, and public health.
Social or Human Service Assistant
Support families in fields like psychology, rehabilitation, and social work. In this role, you’ll ensure the safety of children and help parents receive resources.2
Preschool or Childcare Center Director
Lead a childcare facility and the staff to support young children. You’ll manage the staff, oversee policies and educational programs, and be responsible for budgets, facility maintenance, and more.3
Other positions you could qualify for with your family science degree:
- Activity/recreation director
- Case manager
- Family and consumer sciences extension educator
- Family support worker
- Parent educator
Request More Information
By filling out the form, you’ll:
- Gain access to a dedicated enrollment counselor who is ready to answer all of your questions.
- Take one more step towards achieving your career goals.
Fill out the form to receive more information!
Program Outcomes: Promote Healthy Families
In the online family science degree program, you’ll:
- Facilitate healthy family interactions and foster positive communication.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the psychological, social, and spiritual aspects of healthy relationships.
- Effectively apply family life education theories and principles to plan, implement, and evaluate programs for individuals and families.
Support Beyond Your Graduation Date
In addition to the high-quality education you’ll receive at CSP, you’ll benefit from a wide range of support during your time as a student that will extend throughout your professional journey as an alumnus. That’s part of how 95% of CSP graduates receive job offers within one year of graduation.
Job & Internship Board
Handshake is CSP’s job and internship board and it offers more than 20,000 opportunities to students and alumni. You’ll have an online login to easily stay on top of ways to enhance your career.
Personalized Career Development
Need help with resumes and cover letters, networking, social media, and job searching? From mock interviews to 1:1 phone appointments with a career advisor, you’ll receive the expert assistance you need to achieve your goals.
More than 600 students and alumni attended various job fairs throughout the year. Get in front of top employers that are eager to connect with CSP’s current and former students.
Even More Forms of Support
The Office of Career Development staff is dedicated to supporting students and alumni on their path to find meaningful work. Including expert services from the office to partnerships with faculty and more, you’ll have several ways to get help and boost your career.