Lead Sports Teams and Organizations to Victory
- Employment of coaches and scouts is projected to increase 12% by 2029.1
- Employment of marketing managers is projected to increase 7% by 2029.2
Turn your passion for sports into a successful career. When you graduate with your sport management degree, you’ll be able to pursue coaching and athletics roles or run your own sports team, athletics program, fitness facility, or health club. You could also look at positions in public relations, marketing, and other business areas.
Coach or Scout
Develop amateur/professional athletes’ skills or help find skilled players for a team’s organization. In either one of these positions, you’ll take on a leadership role in sports.
Identify opportunities for a sports or athletic organization to expand and then develop marketing plans for its success. You’ll work with sales and public relations staff.
Other positions you could qualify for with your sport management degree:
- Athlete development specialist
- Athletics director
- Facilities manager
- Fitness manager
- Health club manager
- Marketing consultant
- Operations manager
- Public relations manager
- Sports agent
Request More Information
By filling out the form, you’ll:
- Gain access to a dedicated enrollment counselor who is ready to answer all of your questions.
- Take one more step towards achieving your career goals.
Fill out the form to receive more information!
Program Outcomes: Become a Sports Leader
In the online sport management degree program, you’ll:
- Strategically combine sport theory and business concepts to successfully manage a sports team or facility.
- Use various research methods to explore principles and concepts in kinesiology and allied health.
- Address legal issues in the sport and recreation environment through effective risk management.
Support Beyond Your Graduation Date
In addition to the high-quality education you’ll receive at CSP, you’ll benefit from a wide range of support during your time as a student that will extend throughout your professional journey as an alumnus. That’s part of how 95% of CSP graduates receive job offers within one year of graduation.
Job & Internship Board
Handshake is CSP’s job and internship board and it offers more than 20,000 opportunities to students and alumni. You’ll have an online login to easily stay on top of ways to enhance your career.
Personalized Career Development
Need help with resumes and cover letters, networking, social media, and job searching? From mock interviews to 1:1 phone appointments with a career advisor, you’ll receive the expert assistance you need to achieve your goals.
More than 600 students and alumni attended various job fairs throughout the year. Get in front of top employers that are eager to connect with CSP’s current and former students.
Even More Forms of Support
The Office of Career Development staff is dedicated to supporting students and alumni on their path to find meaningful work. Including expert services from the office to partnerships with faculty and more, you’ll have several ways to get help and boost your career.