A forensic certificate online for the human services pro interested in the criminal mind
AIAFS Partnership Program
Evidence-Based, Non-Clinical Assessments
Comprehensive, Educational Approach
Learn More Today
Complete the form to learn more about this program.
- Duration 1 year
- Cost per Credit $475
- Credit Hours 15
A certificate program that enhances forensic behavioral health knowledge
With CSP’s Certificate in Forensic Behavioral Health, you’ll focus on forensic disciplines and criminal justice issues by studying evidence-based practices and therapeutic strategies. Improve the lives of those who are in the criminal justice and legal system – and their families – through cultural, theoretical, ethical and practical considerations.
You’ll complete your forensic certificate online and graduate with proven intervention strategies to create solutions to client cases in your current role.
Share knowledge and experiences with faculty who are industry experts and your cohort as you study psychopathology, violence, risk assessment and special populations.
Gain comprehensive knowledge to become a courtroom advocate through a convenient graduate program that is AIAFS approved.
The behavioral health certification is 15 credit hours. You’ll study the roles and responsibilities of human service professionals, various forms of trauma and their impacts on global functioning, research on issues in human services, and evidence-based intervention and treatment strategies.Curriculum
- Demonstrate knowledge of the historical overview and role of human service professionals delivering services across diverse settings.
- Understand interventions and evidence-based assessment, and prevention techniques, as well as common community-based resources.
- Use enhanced communication skills, problem-solving strategies, advocacy, and credible courtroom testimony skills, as well as ethical and legal practices that human service professionals need to follow when working within the forensic behavioral health system.
95% of CSP graduates receive job offers within one year of graduation, according to the First Destinations survey administered by Concordia University, St. Paul.
CSP graduates earn 44% more than the national average, according to the graduate earning data source at https://collegescorecard.ed.gov/.View More Graduate Outcomes
To apply for the behavioral health certification online from Concordia University, St. Paul, you’ll need:
- A completed online application.
- Submit official transcripts from a regionally accredited institution stating the conferral of a Bachelor’s degree with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 based on a 4.0 system.
- A personal statement.
- Access to a computer that meets Concordia’s technology requirements.
The forensic psychology certificate online program from CSP costs $475 per credit hour. Your total tuition will be $7,125. Convenient payment options and $2,000 partnership scholarships are also available to make your education even more affordable.
You’ll have support from expert faculty members at CSP, who will be there to answer your questions and guide you throughout your behavioral health certification program. It’s yet another way that the online format mimics the experience of studying at campus.
Online programs from Concordia University, St. Paul are designed for your busy lifestyle. You can study at your convenience while taking advantage of synchronous or asynchronous coursework. With our flexible online framework, you’ll get to know your peers and faculty while engaging in unique assignments and activities. Explore the various ways that you will receive support through every stage of the online learning experience, and discover tips about how to maximize your resources.Online Experience
In addition to financing your online education with federal student aid and private loans, CSP offers online students a tuition discount (this limits eligibility for institutional scholarships). Transfer students could receive $2,000 or more through transfer partnerships and transfer student awards. CSP is also a Military Friendly® institution. An enrollment counselor and tuition planner will help you apply for financial aid.Tuition & Aid
Frequently Asked Questions
Are you interested in one of Concordia’s online programs? Get answers to the most frequently asked questions about time to completion, accreditation, tuition and fees, admissions, and more. If applicable, you can also learn more about licensure, concentrations, or specializations offered in the program. Get more information about any online program or contact an enrollment counselor at (855) 641-2525 with further questions.
Yes, this certificate program follows a cohort model.
The program’s 15 credit hours can be completed in 9 months. However, your transfer credits will vary the time it takes you to complete the degree.
To apply, you must complete the online application, submit official transcripts, and write a brief personal essay. See the Admissions Requirements page for more information.
While not accredited, the Certificate in Forensic Behavioral Health is offered in partnership with the American Institute for the Advancement of Forensic Studies (AIAFS).
- Community and Social Service Occupations. U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. 10 April 2020. https://www.bls.gov/ooh/community-and-social-service/home.htm. Retrieved 15 May 2020.
- Probation Officers and Correctional Treatment Specialists. U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. 10 April 2020. https://www.bls.gov/ooh/community-and-social-service/probation-officers-and-correctional-treatment-specialists.htm. Retrieved 15 May 2020.
- Correctional Officers and Bailiffs. U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. 10 April 2020. https://www.bls.gov/ooh/protective-service/correctional-officers.htm. Retrieved 15 May 2020.