Gain Insights and Strategies to Help Those Affected by Trauma
- Employment in community and social service occupations is expected to increase 12% between 2019 and 2029.1
- This growth will result in 348,600 new jobs created by 2029 in various specialties and fields.1
Human services professionals routinely work with those experiencing trauma or impacted by toxic stress exposure. At Concordia University, St. Paul, you can develop the skills you need to positively influence individuals and families. Graduates apply their skills to multiple fields in human services, criminal justice, and family science.
Group Home Manager
A group home manager oversees the operations of facilities for elderly or disabled residents. They develop programs, hire staff, and manage budgets.
Crisis Intervention Specialist
A crisis intervention specialist works with clients who are in distress due to mental health issues or traumatic experiences. They assess a person’s situation and help make decisions in the best interest of the parties involved.
Additional careers in trauma, resilience, and self-care strategies include the following:
- Trauma-informed policy advisor
- Child welfare and protection worker
- Children’s therapeutic support service worker
- Correctional caseworker
- Psychiatric rehabilitation specialist
- Domestic violence counselor
Request More Information
By filling out the form, you’ll:
- Gain access to a dedicated enrollment counselor who is ready to answer all of your questions.
- Take one more step towards achieving your career goals.
Fill out the form to receive more information!
Program Outcomes: Be More Effective With Sought-After Skills
When you complete this program, you will be able to:
- Foster self-care, body-based mindfulness in patients experiencing trauma.
- Understand prenatal and child development issues and strategies.
- Use trauma-informed care practices in the field when working with those impacted by trauma.
- Teach relevant sleep improvement and stress management practices.
- Be prepared with crisis intervention and de-escalation strategies.
Support Beyond Your Graduation Date
In addition to the high-quality education you’ll receive at CSP, you’ll benefit from a wide range of support during your time as a student that will extend throughout your professional journey as an alumnus. That’s part of how 95% of CSP graduates receive job offers within one year of graduation.