Help Families Thrive as You Advance to the Top of Your Field
- Employment of community and social service occupations is projected to increase 12% by 2029.1
- The median annual wage for community and social service occupations is $46,090.
Getting your master’s in family science helps you become a leader and advocate for families, but how that unfolds in your career is anything but one-dimensional. You can pursue advancement in community, social, and human services, as well as other areas including mental health, education, policy, and business.
Certified Family Life Educator
Help family members strengthen their relationships. In this role, you’ll teach valuable skills that optimize family development.2
Child Life Specialist
Assess young patients in a hospital. You’ll consider how illness and hospitalization impact pediatric patients and their families, developing a plan to help them cope.3
Other positions you could qualify for with your master’s in family science:
- Activity/recreation director
- Case manager
- Education administrator
- Family policy analyst
- Family support worker
- Human services manager
- Parent educator
- Postsecondary teacher
- Social and community manager
Request More Information
By filling out the form, you’ll:
- Gain access to a dedicated enrollment counselor who is ready to answer all of your questions.
- Take one more step towards achieving your career goals.
Fill out the form to receive more information!
Program Outcomes: Advocate for Families
In the master’s in family science degree program, you’ll:
- Plan, implement, and assess family education programs.
- Research information and data to develop solutions that influence families to change.
- Assist families and individuals with developing and maintaining healthy interpersonal relationships.
Support Beyond Your Graduation Date
In addition to the high-quality education you’ll receive at CSP, you’ll benefit from a wide range of support during your time as a student that will extend throughout your professional journey as an alumnus. That’s part of how 95% of CSP graduates receive job offers within one year of graduation.
Job & Internship Board
Handshake is CSP’s job and internship board and it offers more than 20,000 opportunities to students and alumni. You’ll have an online login to easily stay on top of ways to enhance your career.
Personalized Career Development
Need help with resumes and cover letters, networking, social media, and job searching? From mock interviews to 1:1 phone appointments with a career advisor, you’ll receive the expert assistance you need to achieve your goals.
More than 600 students and alumni attended various job fairs throughout the year. Get in front of top employers that are eager to connect with CSP’s current and former students.
Even More Forms of Support
The Office of Career Development staff is dedicated to supporting students and alumni on their path to find meaningful work. Including expert services from the office to partnerships with faculty and more, you’ll have several ways to get help and boost your career.