Earn Your Human Services Degree Online at CSP
Prepare for impactful careers with an online human services degree from Concordia University, St. Paul. Choose an emphasis in forensic behavioral health or one in trauma, resilience, and self-care strategies. Upon graduation, you’ll be ready for careers that make a difference.
Learn More Today
Complete the form to learn more about this program.
Pursue Specialized Careers in the Human Services Field
Our fully online human services degrees allow you to further your education without stopping the important work you’re already doing with flexible, immediately applicable coursework. You’ll choose from two diverse emphases that prepare you to work in specialized careers within the human services field.
The program can be completed in just two years of continuous study and takes place in a convenient learning format with eight-week terms. Note that this degree is not a clinical/counseling licensed program.
The master’s in human services degree from Concordia University, St. Paul is 36 credit hours. Depending on the emphasis you choose, the topics covered in this program’s curriculum include human services research, family violence, psychopathology, ethical and legal considerations, special populations in human services, and risk assessment.Curriculum
- Show enhanced communication skills, problem-solving strategies, advocacy, and credible courtroom testimony skills.
- Build ethical and legal practices that human service professionals need to follow.
- Understand the historical overview and role of human service professionals delivering services across diverse settings.
- Demonstrate knowledge of interventions and evidence-based assessment, prevention techniques, and common community-based resources.
- Use trauma-informed care practices in the field.
- Teach relevant sleep improvement and stress management practices.
- Be prepared with crisis intervention and de-escalation strategies.
To apply for the online human services degree from Concordia University, St. Paul, you’ll need:
- A completed online application.
- Submit official transcripts from a regionally accredited institution stating the conferral of a Bachelor’s degree or higher with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 based on a 4.0 system.
- A personal statement.
- Access to a computer that meets Concordia’s technology requirements.
- Meet English Proficiency standards.
The master’s in human services program from CSP costs $475 per credit hour. Your total tuition will be $17,100. Convenient payment options and $2,000 partnership scholarships are also available to those who qualify to make your education even more affordable.
You’ll have support from expert faculty members at CSP, who will be there to answer your questions and guide you throughout your human services master’s degree program. It’s yet another way that the online format mimics the experience of studying at campus.
Online programs from Concordia University, St. Paul are designed for your busy lifestyle. You can study at your convenience while taking advantage of synchronous or asynchronous coursework. With our flexible online framework, you’ll get to know your peers and faculty while engaging in unique assignments and activities. Explore the various ways that you will receive support through every stage of the online learning experience, and discover tips about how to maximize your resources.Online Experience
In addition to financing your online education with federal student aid and private loans, CSP offers online students a tuition discount (this limits eligibility for institutional scholarships). Transfer students could receive $2,000 or more through transfer partnerships and transfer student awards. CSP is also a Military Friendly® institution. An enrollment counselor and tuition planner will help you apply for financial aid.Tuition & Aid
Frequently Asked Questions
Are you interested in one of Concordia’s online programs? Get answers to the most frequently asked questions about time to completion, accreditation, tuition and fees, admissions, and more. If applicable, you can also learn more about licensure, concentrations, or specializations offered in the program. Get more information about any online program or contact an enrollment counselor at (855) 641-2525 with further questions.
Yes, this degree program follows a cohort model. You will move through the program with the same group of students.
The master’s program has three start dates throughout the year, in January, May, and September.
The program costs $475 per credit hour.
At this time, our online program is offered only as a full-time program.