Develop Advanced Nursing Skills
Adapt to the changes in health care delivery and the needs of a diverse patient population with CSP’s RN to BSN online program. The baccalaureate degree program in nursing at Concordia University, Saint Paul is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education. CCNE Re-accreditation information and third party comments.
Learn More Today
Complete the form to learn more about this program.
Build On Your Nursing Experience
Further your nursing knowledge and career through CSP’s online RN to BSN program. Thanks to a combination of theoretical inquiry and practical application, you’ll gain insight into ethics in health care, professional and evidence-based practice, interdisciplinary collaboration and communication, leadership, management, care coordination, and community health.
The practice of health care continues to grow and change. Stay on top of those developments by advancing your education and earning a credential that many employers now require. The fully online RN to BSN program allows you to achieve your goals in a flexible environment and at your own pace.
The RN to BSN online program provides a liberal arts perspective through the General Education core, plus 36 credit hours in the major. You’ll study the historical, current, and future outlook of nursing practice, advanced health assessment, evidence-based practice, leadership and management in nursing, nursing informatics. And a nursing capstone course gives you the opportunity to reflect on your learning and integrate what you’ve learned with a professional portfolio.
Upon graduation, you’ll be prepared to take the National Council Licensure Exam (NCLEX-RN®).Curriculum
- Apply theoretical and practical knowledge to improve patient outcomes in a health care environment.
- Demonstrate ethical decision-making skills.
- Effectively integrate evidence into nursing practice.
95% of CSP graduates receive job offers within one year of graduation, according to the First Destinations survey administered by Concordia University, St. Paul.
CSP graduates earn 44% more than the national average, according to the graduate earning data source at https://collegescorecard.ed.gov/.View More Graduate Outcomes
To apply for the RN to BSN program online from Concordia University, St. Paul, you’ll need:
- Completed online application
- An associate’s degree in nursing with a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75 based on a 4.0 system
- Current/valid, unencumbered MN nursing license. You should not be on probation and must report any past or current disciplinary action taken by a State Board. If nursing license is from outside of MN or encumbered, please contact your enrollment counselor for additional information.
- Please submit a typed personal statement you would like your admissions counselor to consider in the application review process. Submit as a PDF document through your application portal or email it as an attachment to your Admissions Counselor. The statement should fall between 400 and 700 words. Statement must include introduction, body, conclusion and transitional statements between topics. Do not incorporate any other work requiring citation or referencing. Statement should be reflective of you and original.
- Explain, in detail, what had led you to become a nurse.
- State your professional nursing practice experience in your current role and discuss your professional goals, including your ideal position.
- Share how you feel Concordia University, St. Paul will help you meet your professional goals.
- A signed Field Experience and Program Requirements form.
- Additional Requirements
- Access to a computer that meets Concordia’s technology requirements.
The RN to BSN online program from CSP costs $420 per credit hour. You can transfer a maximum 90 credit hours to get your total tuition down to $12,600. Convenient payment options and $2,000 partnership scholarships are also available to make your education even more affordable.
You’ll have support from expert faculty members at CSP, who will be there to answer your questions and guide you throughout your RN to BSN online program. It’s yet another way that the online format mimics the experience of studying at campus.
Online programs from Concordia University, St. Paul are designed for your busy lifestyle. You can study at your convenience while taking advantage of synchronous or asynchronous coursework. With our flexible online framework, you’ll get to know your peers and faculty while engaging in unique assignments and activities. Explore the various ways that you will receive support through every stage of the online learning experience, and discover tips about how to maximize your resources.Online Experience
In addition to financing your online education with federal student aid and private loans, CSP offers online students a tuition discount (this limits eligibility for institutional scholarships). Transfer students could receive $2,000 or more through transfer partnerships and transfer student awards. CSP is also a Military Friendly® institution. An enrollment counselor and tuition planner will help you apply for financial aid.Tuition & Aid
Frequently Asked Questions
Are you interested in one of Concordia’s online programs? Get answers to the most frequently asked questions about time to completion, accreditation, tuition and fees, admissions, and more. If applicable, you can also learn more about licensure, concentrations, or specializations offered in the program. Get more information about any online program or contact an enrollment counselor at (855) 641-2525 with further questions.
The online RN to BSN will have six start dates throughout the year, in January, March, May, July, September, and October.
Applicants must have an Associate’s degree in Nursing, a minimum GPA of 2.75, and a current/valid MN nursing license. To apply, you must complete the online application, submit official transcripts, complete a Field Experience and Program Requirements form, and write a brief personal essay. See the Admission Requirements page for more information.
CSP’s pre-licensure nursing programs prepare students to take the National Council Licensure Exam (NCLEX-RN®), which is required for professional nursing licensing in all states. CSP BSN program graduates are eligible to apply to take the NCLEX-RN® in any state. States may require additional licensure application conditions including but not limited to background studies that may include fingerprinting. State-specific professional nursing licensure requirements are accessible via the identified state’s nursing board website. Please see the contact information for nursing licensing boards in each state here.
This program is offered fully online from Concordia University, St. Paul.
The program’s 36 core credit hours can be completed in 18 months. However, your general education credits will vary the time it takes you to complete the degree.