The Lucrative, In-Demand Field of Computing
- Employment in computer and information technology occupations is projected to increase 11% by 2029.1
- The median annual wage for computer and information technology occupations is $88,240/year.
It might not be surprising to learn that computer and information technology professionals are well-compensated and in demand. After all, organizations in all industries rely on computers for many of their needs. As a result, this field is full of rewarding and exciting opportunities with a bachelor’s degree in computer science.
Create and test code for computer applications and software programs. In this role, you’ll take plans from software developers to develop, produce, and test applications.2
Create applications for computers and other devices. You’ll recommend software upgrades, ensure functionality, design applications and systems, analyze user needs, and work with other computer specialists.3
Other positions you could qualify for with your bachelor’s in computer science:
- Artificial intelligence engineer
- Computer network architect
- Computer support specialist
- Database administrator
- Information security analyst
- Network and computer systems administrator
- Software engineer
- Web developer
Request More Information
By filling out the form, you’ll:
- Gain access to a dedicated enrollment counselor who is ready to answer all of your questions.
- Take one more step towards achieving your career goals.
Fill out the form to receive more information!
Program Outcomes: Develop a Strong Foundation for Your Intended Career Path
In the online computer science degree program, you’ll:
- Apply knowledge of computing and mathematics appropriate to the discipline.
- Analyze a problem and identify the computing requirement appropriate to its solution.
- Demonstrate design decisions and their impact on software development.
Support Beyond Your Graduation Date
In addition to the high-quality education you’ll receive at CSP, you’ll benefit from a wide range of support during your time as a student that will extend throughout your professional journey as an alumnus. That’s part of how 95% of CSP graduates receive job offers within one year of graduation.